2021 “Gabriel Bañez” Award, granted by SADE La Plata (Argentine Association of Writers, La Plata), in the “Dramaturgy” genre. Edition of work.
- Presentation of the dramaturgy book within the framework of the XXVII Comparative Theater Conference of the Institute of Spectacle Arts (IAE), with the presence of Jorge Dubatti and the interview by the researcher Catalina Artesi.
- Presentation of the book at the XII National Conference and VII Latin American Conference on Theater Criticism and Research of Aincrit.
Presentation of editorial news:
- Editions 1, which will take place on Wednesday, October 20, 2021, from 12 a.m. to 1 p.m., made up of:
Tahan, Halima (Southern Arts); Díaz, Silvina (CONICET / UBA): Is fiction necessary? Politicity of the performative theater by Joseph Danan (Artes del Sur).
Saracho, Sonia (AINCRIT / UNT); Malcún, Juan Carlos (UNT): Scenic space. Text, context and meaning (New Generation).
García Sathicq, Jazmín (ETLP, La Plata): The arrogance of the stone, The heavens above (La Plata, Servicop Editorial Art).
- Sáez, Luis Alberto: Cat on your balcony and other theatrical texts (Buenos Aires, Ediciones El Zócalo).
- Presentation in “Now that they read us”, a meeting organized by the Ministry of Women, Gender Policies and Sexual Diversity of PBA proposes to generate dialogues, debates and bridges to strengthen Buenos Aires literary creation and promote conversations with a gender perspective. October 2021.
Works: THE ARROGANCE OF THE STONE / THE SKIES ABOVE
Foreword by JORGE DUBATTI.
You can acquire it by writing to email@example.com
In The Arrogance of the Stone, García Sathicq starts from a symbolist scenic matrix (theater as a symbol, metaphysical enunciation of the universe) from an “abstract space” whose representations are mutating, to give voice to the displaced and excluded, the poor, the silenced , the invisible ones, the “ghosts”, “the nobody”, the “orphans” expelled from the city, the “thrown into nothingness”, those who are the “mud” that covered the cement. Dystopian drama of reaction against neoliberalism and its consequences, construction of an absolutely unsatisfactory image of civilization, thus combining, in a very personal way, symbolism and the social, poetic and political perspective, against / against exclusion. Poetry and social denunciation, united by an ethics of otherness (E. Lévinas) and the revelation of Rodolfo Kusch’s “deep America”.
In The Skies Above, the story of Nigel, a fledgling 50-year-old writer, focuses on one of the evils that are at the root of social dystopia: fear, fears. In times of quarantine, Nigel’s “journey” is a phenomenology of others, of the pain and wonder of others, and at the same time itself, culminating in a liberating and creative transformation. The heavens above is an educational drama (theatrical version of the Bildungsroman) embodied by an adult woman who undertakes the first steps of a new life, the construction of an emerging and future worldview, of self-assertion.